April 28, 2024, 08:37:23

Neuigkeiten:

Wir wünschen allen ein Frohes Neues Jahr!

NHL Buzz: Panthers appoint Knight to AHL to begin period

Begonnen von Fortunes, Dezember 29, 2023, 05:28:53

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Fortunes

Welcome to the NHL Buzz. With the regular season readied to start Tuesday,  NHL.com has you covered with all the most up to date news.Florida PanthersSpencer Knight was sent out to Charlotte of the American Hockey League when the Panthers cut their training camp lineup Friday.Florida coach Paul Maurice stated the move was made to obtain Knight extra playing time. The 22 years of age goalie last played an NHL video game Feb. 18. He went into the NHL NHL Players' Association Gamer Help Program on Feb. 24." This was something we checked out from the start of training camp, " Maurice said. "He's made wonderful progress in his program. He feels great,  he looked wonderful in training school. However we need to put him in kind of a No. 1 setting,  a No. 1 duty,  and then run his program and work with what he's been dealing with. Yet he's been excellent." Knight was 1 2 0 with a 2.43 goals versus typical and.918 save portion in three preseason games.His separation indicates Anthony Stolarz will support Sergei Bobrovsky to begin the period." We have actually got two men in right here that can quit pucks and play, " Maurice stated." It's what's finest for Spencer Knight now and is additionally what's best for the Florida Panthers long-term. [Knight] looked great in camp and we want to keep that going." Florida additionally placed forwards Grigori Denisenko Denis Gurianov Jersey,  William Lockwood and Alexander True,  and defenseman Matt Kiersted on waivers for the objective of job to the AHL.The Panthers play their preseason finale versus the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday.Winnipeg JetsVille Heinola will certainly be out 8 12 weeks for the Jets due to an ankle injury.The defenseman was injured when he collided with Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Brannstrom in the very first duration of a 3 0 preseason loss Thursday." He has a fracture around his ankle joint so the next step,  we're not one hundred percent certain yet,  probably will be figured out later today or tomorrow morning, " Jets trainer Rick Bowness said Friday. "But as I said last night,  he's out for some time. You're checking out 8 weeks,  8 10,  12 weeks. That understands? However it's a fracture,  so you have actually got to check out a minimum of eight weeks." Heinola had one help and balanced 13:16 of ice time in 10 normal season games last period." He worked hard all summer season to mentally and literally to obtain prepared for training school, " Bowness stated. "And he's going have to do it once again. We're going to send him home to Finland. There's no sense in relaxing below for that lengthy of time. So that first pair of weeks it's far better to be surrounded by his family members and then when we require him ahead at that time we'll get him back." The Jets open up the regular period at the Calgary Flames on Wednesday 10 p.m. ET; SNW.Minnesota WildJared Spurgeon will be out week to week due to a top body injury.The defenseman was wounded in a 3 2 preseason shootout win versus the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday. He did not return for the 3rd period after he was struck by Reese Johnson late in the second." You can't actually replace a person like him,  but fortunately the organization has 7 excellent defensemen, " Wild defenseman Jacob Middleton said Friday. "Even more down in Iowa of the AHL that are mosting likely to have the ability to assist us out." Spurgeon had 34 factors 11 objectives,  23 aids in 79 regular period games last season.Minnesota starts the normal period against Florida on Thursday 8 p.m. ET; BSFL,  BSN,  BSWI.Vegas Golden KnightsZach Whitecloud will certainly be out week to week after having surgical treatment for a top body injury Thursday.The defenseman was harmed in the very first duration of a 3 2 preseason loss versus the Colorado Avalanche on Sept. 25. Whitecloud played 3:46 prior to leaving.Whitecloud had 12 points 5 goals,  seven aids in 59 normal period video games and eight factors two goals,  six helps in 22 Stanley Cup Championship game to help the Golden Knights win the Cup last season.Vegas opens up the regular season versus the Seattle Kraken on Tuesday 10:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+,  ESPN,  SN,  TVAS.Edmonton OilersMattias Ekholm claimed he is hopeful to play in the period opener at the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday 10 p.m. ET; SN1,  SNO,  SNE,  SNP,  although it has actually taken longer to recoup from a hip injury than anticipated.Ekholm skated with the Oilers for the very first time in training camp Friday,  taking component in the early morning skate prior to their video game against the Seattle Kraken at Rogers Place Marc Del Gaizo Jersey,  the last preseason ready each team." Anything can happen,  it's been way slower than I thought, " the defenseman claimed. "I thought I would certainly be complete on a number of weeks back and I haven't been,  so we're being observant about it. I can not give you a precise response now,  yet I do really feel good,  so I'm hopeful." Ekholm said he endured the injury throughout offseason exercises which it was bothering him entering into training camp." I have actually had one training program for 12 years and after that you come to a brand-new team,  and you have new trainers and brand-new team that implements brand-new things,  and I assume this was even more of an accident whatever occurred, " he claimed. "I do not think I was attempting to do way too much; it was simply a flukey thing that occurred,  and it's been sticking around a little bit." Ekholm was in his 12th season with the Nashville Predators when he was traded to Edmonton on Feb. 28. The Oilers are not rushing him back up until he is healthy and balanced." He's had a bunch of great days in a row,  so it's an actual favorable and it's trending in the best direction, " Oilers instructor Jay Woodcroft stated Friday. "There is a great deal of points that enter into it; initially and foremost Luke Evangelista Jersey,  you need to listen to the gamer and just how the player is feeling,  after that he operates in conjunction with the clinical staff,  and the strength and conditioning team in his return to play protocol." Derek Van Diest New York City IslandersKyle Palmieri made his preseason debut in a 3 0 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Friday.The onward had just skated twice with the Islanders considering that enduring an offseason injury. He said earlier this week that even if he didn't play a preseason video game,  he was still optimistic about awaiting the Islanders' normal season opener versus the Buffalo Sabres on Oct. 14 7:30 p.m. ET; MSGSN,  MSG B.Palmieri had two shots on objective in 14:12 of ice time." I liked him, " New York coach Lane Lambert claimed after the game. "It was his first video game,  yet he looked like a power ahead tonite. He used his body,  drove pucks to the web. 

https://www.predatorsprostore.com