April 28, 2024, 15:37:42

Neuigkeiten:

Wir wünschen allen ein Frohes Neues Jahr!

Blue Jackets rating 4 straight, rally past Senators

Begonnen von Demek, Dezember 20, 2023, 04:04:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Demek

COLUMBUS-- Elvis Merzlikins made 41 conserves for the Columbus Blue Jackets, that rallied with four successive goals for a 4-2 win versus the Ottawa Senators at Nationwide Arena on Friday.  "After it was 2-0, we didn't give up," Merzlikins stated.  "We maintained skating.  We were all together, we were obstructing the shots.  We were striving.  Obviously, this is hockey.  A lot can happen, yet I was wishing and I believe that we can reverse this point, and we turned it about, and it went really well. " Adam Fantilli obtained the go-ahead goal in the 2nd duration, and Boone Jenner racked up for heaven Jackets, who have won 4 of 6 following a nine-game skid.  Johnny Gaudreau and Zach Werenski each had 2 assists. It was Columbus' very first multigoal return win of the season and initially since March 21, 2023, a 7-6 overtime victory against the Washington Capitals. " Elvis was impressive tonight," Blue Jackets train Pascal Vincent stated.  "Without Elvis, I'm not sure we see the very same last rating. " OTTCBJ: Fantilli gives Blue Jackets lead in 2nd Brady Tkachuk had an objective and an assist, and Claude Giroux scored for the Senators, who have actually shed three straight Denton Mateychuk Jersey.  Joonas Korpisalo made 19 saves. Columbus went 2-for-2 on the power play, and Ottawa went 1-for-5 with the man-advantage despite 16 shots. " I felt we had the puck most of the game," Senators coach D. J.  Smith claimed.  "Certainly, our fine eliminate surrendered two shots, 2 goals.  I don't think they had a great deal of possibilities. " We did enough points to win the video game today Damon Severson Jersey.  At the end of the day, we do not get a pair of blocks and they get some tips, and they go right into the internet.  We have actually reached discover methods to rating. " Giroux provided Ottawa a 1-0 lead at 8:43 of the first duration, benefiting from a giveaway for a 2-on-1 prior to Tkachuk found him skating down the port for the goal. Tkachuk made it 2-0 at 11:08, scoring 8 secs into the power play on a one-timer from the best face-off circle. Patrik Laine sufficed to 2-1 at 14:53 with a power-play objective from the top of the best circle. " I honestly believe we was worthy of better," claimed Senators defenseman Thomas Chabot, who returned after missing out on 10 video games with a broken hand.  "It was among those nights.  We had a fantastic begin, then they obtain an objective that jumps off somebody like that.  It's part of the video game, you can't make justifications, yet I believed if we play like that every night, we're going to obtain much better outcomes more than not. " OTTCBJ: Laine gets Blue Jackets aboard with PPG Ivan Provorov's shot from the left point. " We're trusting our systems and we're staying within our structure," Fantilli said.  "When we play by doing this and play fast in our framework and play self-displined, I assume that's when we play our finest and games like tonight occur. " Jenner prolonged it to 4-2 at 8:54 on the power play, tipping a shot from Werenski Aaron Dell Jersey. " It's clear we have actually been having a hard time to locate a way to win these video games this year," Laine stated.  "They've been struggling also.  They've obtained a great deal of excellent gamers and obviously their goalkeeper.  It was a wonderful initiative from our team tonight and a massive two points. "